Friday, November 30, 2007

Week Down

TGIF. In the morning the washer comes and the laundry bin is full, very full. I am almost tempted to go to the laundromat so I won't have so much to do tomorrow, but then, I would miss part of the wonder of the new machine!

I have a class that is giving me fits, 8th graders. The last hour of the day to have a group that wants to work for 15 of the 46 minutes becomes a grind. I am switching from the skills I like to teach to 8th graders before they go off to high school to a project I normally don't have time for as my weeks have gone from 9 to 6. I love this project, but it takes too long. I used it last year for the same reason and got some spectacular results. This will change my interaction with them and take it from a power struggle to them just working away. Once they are secure in their designs, they will not need much from me. I even predict I can learn to enjoy this group of people again.

No comments: