Sunday, August 19, 2007

I've Been to the Pet Store

I wanted some tough toy that you stuff treats in and dogs work it out for entertainment and I wanted something better to teach her to walk and heel from the leash department. I was almost successful except that, even with many illustrations, I did not get the gentle leader on correctly. Even without using the nose thingy, we had a good 7 to 10 minutes of walking practice and she sits nicely. DH must have taught her that already. The expando leash was so unsuitable for training. We may be bonding a bit, I came home from shopping and she was quietly crated and gave me a few minutes to read directions before I attempted to get the gentle leader on properly.


It's back to school in the morning and I am going to make a concerted effort to get up at 5:30a.m., get to the pool by six and swim for one half hour only. If I can improve my laps my even one lap in that time, I will feel good. I better pack for it now as my really tough workout is tomorrow evening after school. Won't I be a goddess of exercise if I get both of those things done! Do you think I could also get my hair to look cute instead of ending up with one wisp standing straight up like Alfalfa? That may be too much to ask. I have the easiest haircut in the world and yet I cannot seem to manage it very well.

No comments: