Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First Day of School

I left home at 6:30 a.m. to go to the teacher rally. We got a nice contract and really did have an inspirational speaker.. an incoming high school freshman who suffers from brittle bone disease. He looks like he is 7 or 8, then this amazing funny routine comes out, he actually cracked a joke at the expense of our superintendent who is always very well dressed. He also relayed a story about a teacher who made him and his class recite a poem every week and gave vocabulary tests every week, but credited that teacher from bringing him out of a case of terminal shyness. These speeches are usually boring, to very boring. This was the best in 15 years and I think the kid may have a career in comedy. It was a LONG day, and that was followed by open house, two hours of standing around after working all day. I think I forgot to take my arthritis medecine this morning! It is almost 9:30 p.m. and I have not been home long. Maybe tomorrow I will be ready for school! And I am gong to try to swim for one half hour before school. I am not going for a mile, just one half hour. My goal is to do that at least twice a week with the rest of my exercise program. I just must drag myself to the Y early enough.

No comments: