Friday, January 18, 2008

Dreamings

I had a very vivid dream of Mom last night, she was young, in her
thirties, she had a beautiful head of hair, which, by the time she
died, most of her hair was gone. She lost hair with every surgery and
every fever she ever had, so her hair became very very thin and was
close to nonexistence in her 70's. She had the pin curl style she and
my aunt used to wear, but softly brushed, she was in her glamorous
phase as those young women of the forties always appeared to be. She
was just getting back from taking my two grandsons on a trip, my two grandsons
were both about 8, in real life one is three today(happy birthday) and the other is 16.
She used to tell about taking my son on a trip to Kentucky about that
age and for the life of me, I cannot remember, I may have been in a
blur of twin exhaustion. At any rate, she always remembered it as a
really good time with a chatty curious boy. And he was a chatty curious
boy. It was a very pleasant and colorful dream, I did some really wacky driving in it--don't have a clue what I was doing, I definitely wasn't watching the road and i certainly wasn't using the proper parts of the bright red sporty truck I was driving. But at any rate, hi Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have similar dreams, all pleasant. But I beg to differ about her hair, from my persprective she had nearly a full head all the way till the end.
Rick.