Thursday, January 3, 2008

4 Times with the Alpaca

Last summer DH sent me 6 skeins of home-grown, home-spun alpaca yarn, and like really fine art supplies, I was intimidated by the yarn. I kept trying to think of something perfect. I knit nothing else until two dishcloths this week to break the knitting block and started with the alpaca at least 4 times. I am on my fifth try and I am doing a simple scarf with a very easy lace stitch I saw on tv--at last, something very pretty, but not perfect, is coming off the needles and I am just going to make myself a long, soft, warm, beautiful scarf and see what else is left.
Here is how I am stitching, cast on to suit my yarn, knit a row, knit two together, yarn over, knit two, repeat to the end. Next row is all knit, then repeat. I am going to make it LONG.

No comments: