Saturday, June 2, 2007

School's Out for the Summer

I haven't been on line for two weeks. Something is up with my DSL. I am dong this from my daughter's house, so why am I writing at all? Yesterday was the last day of school and today I am visiting with Henry and his parental units. They may even go to a movie tonight. I have been home alone for over a week and have taken out a lot of trash and mopped some floors. I really was eager for this school year to be over and get started on my daily summer swimming routine. I think I am also going to invest in a bike that fits me. There is just never enough room between my knees and the handlebars on my hundred dollar walmart bike.

Our graduation ceremony yesterday was two hours and that is 8th grade! don't really know why it is so complicated and so similar to a high school graduation. We do have kids go on to top notch colleges after high school, so I don't really think it is low expectations for their futures. At any rate, it is a long boring morning for the 6th and 7th graders.

Big news is Henry is almost potty trained and very proud of his big boy underwear. We all are.

No comments: