Sunday, December 2, 2007

Welcome to the Machine

This Whirlpool Cabrio is so quiet and the noises are so different from the noises of my normal old washer, that I am not even sure anything much is happening. I guess I'll find out at the end when the computer control panel goes off and I am permitted to look in. It is all very NASA looking in there. My history of washing machines, laundromats or a little hoover that always broke down in the middle of a load of cloth diapers for twins. Years of laundromats with twins and the rest of us. I had a Maytag wringer washer on the back porch of this place I used for a couple of years also until I got a model that was automatic. It lasted at least 10 years, I think I messed it up, then this last one was at least 15 years or more old maybe more. Could be it was older than the cat who was 18. I actually think my dryer may be the original dryer I got with the first washer. oooh.. hmm. By the way, a rather lot of clothes go into this new thing, you put clothes in it up to the top of the stainless steel tub, and it holds a lot. I don't have the glass lid or I would know what was happening. It is probably just as well that I don't have that.

P.S. In the past couple of hours I learned the downside of keeping the old dryer. It is for a normal sized large washer, not for the large load of a top-loading front-loader. I have a basket waiting to be dried in two steps. Guess I will just have to be adjusting to that. It also seems that I haven't figured out how to get a cold wash. I thought I had that button pushed.

No comments: