Saturday, October 27, 2007

Not Writing Much-

Saturday morning, 8:00a.m. I was watching the news on the firefighters who had to get into their reflective life-saving toaster ovens, it was so horrifying that when I answered the ringing phone I said help instead of hello. I think they all survived, but what does it take to face death like that on your job at all times?

Another week has gone by at school. My 8th grade plans were screwed up for two days, my own fault, didn't check the wrapped boxed clay to see if it was moist enough.....boo for me. We did some "crafty things" they were happy, I was not.

I volunteered for a committee to look at middle school curriculum inequities across the corporation. That takes up Wednesday evening, 2 hours a week for 20 weeks. Actually it is interesting to see what differences there are in offerings and minutes in a big corporation, particularly in my area of fine arts, and practical arts.

After sitting for two hours, painting faces, and worrying about MRSA my left foot swelled up like a balloon. My latest BP med can cause that and of course the sitting didn't help. The only other time that happened was when I took the med in the daytime. I have learned to take it at night so my feet don't swell during the day. It is still somewhat puffy today, bad really but so much better than last night, I am going to get off the computer because sitting here doesn't help either.

No comments: