Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weight Loss

94lbs down. Just got back from routine bloodwork keeping track of cholesterol, sugar and iron. Opening of school has messed with my exercise schedule, I must work out a new schedule and stick to it. I attended a bariatric support group meeting with my friend Diana last Monday and the subject was tips for beginners. It is amazing what you did in those early days and weeks that just slip out of your head. I don't think I even had a tip to share. I am now in the smallest jeans I have worn in 30 years, and am still losing weight. I may get closer to a goal I thought was impossible and even undesirable for someone of my age and parity. I am just taking it a day at a time and finding it rather exciting. The physical abilities that reveal themselves to me gradually, oh I couldn't do that last year, oh, I haven't done that for 3 years, oh, I didn't think that was possible. Just little sneaky things that crept away, even sitting here typing with right leg crossed over left, thoughtlessly, right foot touching the floor. I caught myself tying my left shoe with my foot up where I couldn't get it before, had to tie that one flat on the floor for the last several year. The flexibility in my hips seems to have returned.

I need to apologize to my brother if this rambles, and my blogging is definitely hurt by my twittering. When I cast about for a topic, I just think I already covered it in 140 characters! I will try to do better. Goodness, either I don't have any spelling errors or spellcheck isn't working!

No comments: