Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spring Break

My first morning of spring break was greeted by thunder and lightning--the past two over-heated weeks in a barely ventilated building and hot sweaty classrooms, but gorgeous outdoor weather ends today! We shall have frost and cold and wet. But I will get to be super nonnie this week and help out my daughter with the most gorgeous most brilliant 26 month old on the planet. (I narrowed it to 26 months to give all the other grandmas out there a chance) Things are good all around. My present grading period has had the most zen moments of students involved in projects and I end each day with an 8th grade that is so much fun I come home cheerful and start each weekend on a positive note. Thank you 8th graders, I have enjoyed you so much.

I can now do one half hour on the eliptical, 9at first I could only do 5 minutes--barely) but still lurch on solid ground, maybe I will ask Doc W the name of the knee doctor she recommended last summer. Might need something stuck into my knees to keep bones from clicking together. I have been having reallly hard workouts twice a week for one solid year now, and though I am much much stronger in so many ways, my walking is not much improved. All this weight training has kept me able to lift a constantly growing child from birth to now--

I was going to leave right now, but CBS morning news is going to show me how to pick a sofa, one I can retreat to when DH's snoring takes on chainsaw proportions, so I have to watch a little more news. Then maybe I will go look at new sofas. I have been contemplating a sofa for several years. The sofa is as old as the cat and both are ready to expire and look a little rough.

No comments: