Sunday, November 16, 2008

Knitting Rampage

Hats are falling off my needles for a little art and craft sale in Chicago, I had yarn to make the preschooler a sweater in his Mom's school colors, but she is long graduated and into the work force, so the colors are for Chicago Bears. Think that would sell in Chicago? Next I am going to see how many little newborn soft fuzzy hats I can make and call it a day. I have hatted all but two of the babies to be born to teachers in my building this year, including a set of twins coming in a month so I am getting pretty good at that. It helps that I have a student teacher right now and she is getting ready to be totally in charge as of tomorrow and has taken 4 of the six classes over in the past two weeks. I have made my closet/office more orderly so I started knitting, covered one on-site, oooh how I hate covering on-site. By the way, the preschooler requested a purple hate so I did that and put a red stripe in it.

I am now going to recommend a therapeutic sock. My doc told me to trek to a small southern town to a mom and pop drugstore to get Truform therapeutic stocking as my feet and ankles have been swelling during the work day, and, by god, they work like a charm. the are compression socks that look great. Thanks to my great feet, I am in a men's sock, nothing new to me, and it goes right up to my knee, for a six footer that almost requires getting out the culottes and calling them knee socks and really going back to 1969! Maybe next year,

Twittering has really cut into this forum for me, not used to writing lots any more, too much fun twittering. I am thinking this may turn into a post-bariatric surgery and weight loss blog for a while. I am scheduled for surgery and very happy about it, already looking forward to a May event in Chicago and walking briskly down the street instead of whining and looking for benches on which to sit and bend my knees. More about that later, in the new year.

No comments: