Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Hat Knitted for a Colleague

I say I can't price and she says she can't either but she's generous. While I am knitting this soon to be felted hat,(now ready to be felted) I suddenly want to do one in chocolate brown with a turquoise or aqua band knitted in. Yumm. I have worn the red one and want to send it or hand it to Leah. (I love it) Jen has the peacock blue I one and I am sure her eyes glow under it. It is cold enough today I hope she wears it. They are truly warm. I can't look at my blog from school because of weighted phrases and I can't figure out what about knitting, exercising and adoring preschool grandson with no dirty words at all ever can be weighted and denied. Oh well, shouldn't look at it at school anyway.

A couple of weeks ago I signed up to prepare food for two of our teachers who are down, one on nearly bedrest with a dicey pregnancy and one with breast cancer and now a procedure to rid her of a great big kidney stone. I decided I was going to grill in the afternoon, I have a courtyard at my room and my husband grills porkloin to perfection. I bought a brand new grill so I wouldn't have to cart the dirty old one from home and a couple of bags of mnatchlight charcoal. Rain, rain, rain. I came home on my lunchbreak to get the meat and a pan and some tongs and DH was home and said he'd grill it for me. He is the master griller anyway so I was grateful.
As it turned out, I was a week early on grilling and the FACS teacher hopped in and prepared some potatoes and a couple of other things and all was well. It was a comedy of errors and weather on my side, but it ended up OK. The gal with BC and kidney stone really needed the hunk of meat that night as she had her 4th chemo and it made the evening so much easier. You can't imagine how typical it is of me to get something so far off, but thanks to friends, it seemed seamless after all!

No comments: